We combine people, relationships and technology to deliver compelling propositions and services that attract and retain large-scale distribution partnerships to generate sustainable growth for the Group and its shareholders.
9 reasons to invest
Products providing peace of mind to our business partners customers, whilst delivering additional streams of revenue and profit to existing and new business partners alike. Card Protection, Device & Payments Insurance, Identity and Cyber, Extended Warranty, Health & Wellness, Travel Disruption.
Fast growing markets
Supported by our historical UK and European businesses, we are already strong and growing in India and Turkey, with China, Bangladesh and our new UK business offering significant additional growth opportunities.
We work with major companies globally to enhance their core product offerings through tech-enabled design; creating transformative products which deliver highly valued services to their customers.
Strong customer growth
Customers have grown from 4.3 million at the end of 2016 to 10.6 million. We expect continued customer growth with our existing partnership base giving us access to over 200 million potential customers.
Investment in product and margin
Strategic investments in our markets and InsurTech mean we are pioneering innovative product solutions in the financial services sector. We are expanding our ownership of the value chain and our tech-enabled services allow us to create strong annuity income streams, allowing CPP to progressively increase its operating margins. All of this is supported by our financial strength with £14.9 million of net funds at the end of 2019.
We focus on four strategic drivers to build our existing capabilities, drive further product innovation, provider smarter end-to-end user experiences and deepen integration with business partners. All to progress our ambition of becoming the leading provider of product and wrap-around services to the financial services industry.
Relentless focus on business partner needs
Key achievements for 2019
- Extension of key business partner contracts in high growth markets including with Bajaj Finserv in India and DenizBank in Turkey
- 2019 has seen new partnerships with brands like American Express and Tata Finance in India, Bank of Communications in China, Manulife and Pluto in Canada alongside significant contract extensions with both SBI Cards and Axis Bank in India and DenizBank in Turkey
- Our partner base has increased by 50% in 2019 which will contribute to our continued growth in revenue and customer numbers
- Established service provider relationships that are supporting multiple markets
- Retain and grow our existing partnerships through multi-product (BPM services, health, cyber, mobile and travel) and multi-channel strategies
- Develop global and local pipelines of new business with targeted propositions and explore partnerships with fintech players, travel insurers, credit card companies, mobile manufacturers and retailers
- Develop comprehensive managed solutions for business partners to go beyond a simple product/channel push including providing business partners with the suite of CPP capabilities
A different approach to culture
Key achievements in 2019
- From Centre to Country focused through our decentralised operating model
- Continued investment in culture and people which is having a tangible impact on colleague and organisational progress
- Formalised the EU Hub, freeing up our local leaders to drive business development
- We will continue to operate a decentralised model that provides greater responsibility and accountability for local leaders
- Expand our global community of colleagues and opinion leaders to create synergies and best practice across our local markets
- We continue to create the right culture to bring out the best in our people through ‘Learn More, Be More’, which is about personal and organisational growth
- Create a global community that everyone wants to be part of, attracting and retaining the right people with the right capabilities to deliver growth
Focus on value-driving markets
Key achievements in 2019
- Extended our value chain in our Indian business with a controlling stake in Globiva (one of the fastest growing Business Process Management companies in India). Globiva has grown rapidly and has now expanded to four locations across Delhi and Kolkata
- Investment into new UK business to deliver a successful entry into the UK broker market
- Bespoke IT platform has gone live in China to conform to data residency legislations in the market
- Innovative marketing strategies with key partners Ping-An Bank and SPDB deployed to increase sales of our Card Protection and Smart Travel products
- New management team in China and revenue growth of 47% in the market
- Invest in our colleagues, local skills and resources to increase autonomy of local markets with improved technological capability and end customer user experience
- We see significant growth opportunities in the mobile phone insurance market in Bangladesh and discussions are well progressed with active partners in this market
- Grow customer numbers in China and India
- Globiva’s growth is expected to continue with plans to potentially double its workforce, expand into two further sites in India to cater for a wider range of languages to attract additional partners and expand its client base in the UK and the US
- Improve profit margins in India through ownership of more of the value chain and via digital execution
- Maintain renewal performance and improve the customer journey, through digital experiences with a lower cost base
Create advantages through technology and innovation
Key achievements in 2019
- Integrating smart and digital capabilities in existing product in existing markets
- Commenced a decentralised IT strategy to provide strategic advantage in our growth markets, whilst increasing efficiencies and reducing costs
- We have progressed the build of our global technology platform in partnership with an IT development company in India
- The launch of LivPlus – a health and wellbeing product sold in India. This product sees CPP enter a new product category and generated over £13 million in new revenue in 2019
- Blink signed a significant agreement with Allianz Partners for its travel proposition whilst developing its pioneering parametric insurance platform for the travel insurance market and other sectors such as Energy and Climate
- CPP China made advancements in its technical capabilities through developing a strategic partnership with Whistle Technology. This collaboration will enable better inroads to this market whilst allowing CPP China to create better experiences for consumers across new sectors.
- Ongoing development and digital enhancement of core products
- Expand and diversify the product portfolio in India through the development of mobile wallet cover, expansion of the extended warranty line through targeting goods that are out of warranty and the development of a travel category including micro insurance products
- Build out our innovative technology platform to drive new product development and speed to market
- Capitalise on global opportunities with large scale business partners offered through Blink
- Continue to work with innovative new start-ups to deliver solutions to meet ever evolving customer and business partner needs
- Seek investment opportunities to enhance digital and technological capabilities across the Group, as well as providing additional revenue lines